Opening a Real Estate School? Dearborn has You Covered!
Congratulations as you embark on opening a real estate school! This is an exciting time to be involved in real estate education. We look forward to partnering with you and helping your students achieve their education goals. With Dearborn, you can achieve success!
Steps to Starting a Real Estate School
- Determine if you have what it takes to be a successful school operator. Answer “YES” to at least one of the following questions:
- Do you have a passion for education?
- Are you a “connector” within the real estate industry?
- Are you a brilliant marketer?
- If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, contact a Dearborn Sales Representative to have a free partnership discovery conversation. Call 877.749.6850 or fill out our Partnership Request Form to learn more.
- Partner with Dearborn as your education content and services provider.
- Determine the state(s) in which you want to operate your school. Successfully complete the state application process yourself.
- Contact the agency in your state that regulates real estate education.
- Receive your school and course approvals and launch your school! If your school needs help completing regulatory filing and administrative tasks, Dearborn’s specialized team will help your school complete these tasks.
Please Note: Each state is different, but you can expect it to take three months or more to get your school approved and launched successfully.
Things to Consider When Starting a School
You will need to work closely with the state regulator in every jurisdiction in which you wish to become a school of record. Different rules, regulations, processes, and fees exist in each state. Following is a convenient list from ARELLO® of all of the regulators in North America by state:
Course Submittal Materials
For each course that you wish to offer, you will be asked to submit course materials to the state regulator for approval. Dearborn features rich instructor resources for print materials that you may submit to the regulator for use in classroom courses. We will provide you with the PIN for each title to access the protected resources. Resources include course outlines, PowerPoint presentations for print materials, learning objectives, exams, and more.
If you are interested in offering online education by becoming a REcampus partner, we will provide REcampus course submittal materials to help expedite the online course approval process through your state regulator.
Association of Real Estate License Law Officials – ARELLO®
Certain jurisdictions require ARELLO® certification for distance education courses. Some jurisdictions do not require ARELLO® certification in their approval process, but because they may hold ARELLO® in high esteem, ARELLO® certified courses may help expedite the course application process.
Although course content is still approved by each jurisdiction, ARELLO® certification removes barriers to course approval in the following states:
If you plan to provide distance education in an online format, and you are in an ARELLO®state, you will need to satisfy ARELLO® requirements, as well as those of your state. As a REcampus partner, Dearborn submits all online courses to ARELLO® where primary ARELLO® approval is required, and obtains approval certificates that may help streamline your school’s submittal process.
Best of luck as you set up and build your business! When you partner with Dearborn, we are with you every step of the way!