Opening a Real Estate School? Dearborn has You Covered!
Congratulations as you embark on opening a real estate school! This is an exciting time to be involved in real estate education. We look forward to partnering with you and helping your students achieve their education goals. With Dearborn, you can achieve success!
Steps to Starting a Real Estate School
- Contact the agency in your state that regulates real estate education.
- Determine the process and costs for starting an online school.
- ARELLO approvals may be required in some states.
- Complete the process to become a school of record.
- Complete a market analysis.
- Create a business, marketing, and economic plan.
- Develop a school website.
- Contact a Dearborn Sales Representative to receive partnership information.
- Send completed application, price list, and W-9 to your Dearborn Sales Representative for a contract to be created.
- Partner will send signed contract and customization form to Dearborn.
- Dearborn will provide any course materials and authorization letters needed to submit to the regulator for online course approval. The regulator process can take one to three months. See Things to Consider When Starting a School below for more details.
- Send course approvals to Dearborn. Dearborn will then begin building your customized REcampus website.
- Dearborn will schedule a call for review when complete.
- Begin marketing your real estate school!
- Read tips on how to market your school to prospective students.
- Educate and motivate your students to become outstanding industry professionals.
Things to Consider When Starting a School
You will need to work closely with the state regulator in every jurisdiction in which you wish to become a school of record. Different rules, regulations, processes, and fees exist in each state. Following is a convenient list from ARELLO® of all of the regulators in North America by state:
Course Submittal Materials
For each course that you wish to offer, you will be asked to submit course materials to the state regulator for approval. Dearborn features rich instructor resources for print materials that you may submit to the regulator for use in classroom courses. We will provide you with the PIN for each title to access the protected resources. Resources include course outlines, PowerPoint presentations for print materials, learning objectives, exams, and more.
If you are interested in offering online education by becoming a REcampus partner, we will provide REcampus course submittal materials to help expedite the online course approval process through your state regulator.
Association of Real Estate License Law Officials – ARELLO®
Certain jurisdictions require ARELLO® certification for distance education courses. Some jurisdictions do not require ARELLO® certification in their approval process, but because they may hold ARELLO® in high esteem, ARELLO® certified courses may help expedite the course application process.
Although course content is still approved by each jurisdiction, ARELLO® certification removes barriers to course approval in the following states:
If you plan to provide distance education in online format, and you are in an ARELLO®state, you will need to satisfy ARELLO® requirements, as well as those of your state. As an REcampus partner, Dearborn submits all online courses to ARELLO® where primary ARELLO® approval is required and obtains approval certificates that may help streamline your school’s submittal process.
Best of luck as you set up and build your business! When you partner with Dearborn, we are with you every step of the way!